Environmental Health Officer
Environmental Health Officer is required for a part basis for up to 3 months: To be considered for this role you will need the following.
- A tertiary qualification in an environmental health discipline as approved by the Department of Health & Human Services, Environmental Health Professionals Australia.
- Demonstrated theoretical and practical knowledge of and the ability to interpret and apply the range of legislation which is relevant to the position.
- Proven ability as an effective team member able to display a positive and flexible attitude to problem solving with the aim of achieving good outcomes.
Demonstrated ability to work with minimum direction and be disciplined to manage time effectively, along with:
- A sound theoretical knowledge and extensive practical experience in legislation and programs relevant to environmental health.
- Knowledge of local government procedures and practices.
- Proven ability in customer service including public education, conflict management and communication.
- Sound understanding on the legislative and regulatory framework in which Regulatory Services operate.
An ability to undertake detailed investigative tasks, research and to solve problems through a combination of discussion, negotiation and teamwork.