IRRIGATION TECHNICIAN & TEAM LEADER
Exciting and innovative company and huge career progression opportunities!
Our client is an International Irrigation Solutions company with its Australian office based in Queensland. They offer innovative and sustainable irrigation solutions to their clients and are offering full time Irrigation Technician / Team Leader position to the right person who will service the Victorian and Southern NSW regions. A company vehicle will be provided (or a vehicle allowance) along with a salary of between $70,000 & $80,000 depending on experience.. Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager, you will perform the following duties:
Sales and Marketing:
- Sales and marketing of a unique irrigation system.
- Provide customers with sales support.
- Develop strong working relationships with clients, stakeholders, service providers, business associates and employees with daily follow-up on enquiries.
- Achieve agreed upon sales targets and outcomes.
- Assist & liaise with General Manager, Regional Sales Manager and Sales Agronomist regularly.
- Assist customers with water testing and completing the Design Forms.
- Supply management with reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitor activities, and potential for new products and services.
- Ensure the company vehicle is always clean and well maintained.
- Irrigation Technician & Team Leader:
- Lead a team of Irrigation Technicians in the field for installations and maintenance jobs.
- Manage operational schedules and logistics for all Irrigation Technician Teams.
- Manage operational resources including casual labour, equipment, vehicles, tools etc.
- Liaise design information with the design team.
- Perform ongoing maintenance, repairs and troubleshooting of existing systems.
- Perform welding, threading and poly welding and laying poly pipe in the field.
- Keep records and ensure jobs are completed to deadline.
- Complete casual labour staff inductions to ensure safety standards are met and PPE is used.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
The successful candidate will possess a Cert III in Irrigation or relevant trade qualification and have at least 3 years’ work and sales experience in a similar role/industry.
You will possess a Current Driver’s Licence (Current MR Licence – desirable).
With a high level of customer service, positive attitude, initiative, drive, reliability, you will work autonomously with great planning & organisational skills to troubleshoot and problem-solve issues on site.
You will also be able to demonstrate a strong product knowledge and demonstrated experience in irrigation and pump maintenance.