Fox Personnel has been engaged to resource a qualified Town Planner for a short term period (3 months). This is an exciting opportunity and to be considered you need to consider the following information and then apply on line.
For further details please feel free to call Brian Black on 0413388501
- Deliver high quality development approvals, in accordance with Council strategy and the Greater Bendigo Planning Scheme.
- Administer the Planning Scheme and manage a planning approval case load.
- Undertake planning assessments and other statutory functions in compliance with legislated processes and timeframes.
- Provide quality customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Provide information to and communicate with authorities, customers and the community.
- Engender public confidence in the planning approvals process.
- Contribute to planning system, processes and service improvements.
- As a result the position will be instrumental in delivering the City’s vision, working together to be the world’s most liveable community
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Manage planning applications from lodgement to decision including assessment of compliance with the Planning Scheme.
- Manage planning approval files so that they provide a clear record of the assessment process which is suitable for future reference and auditing.
- Present all approvals concisely and directly, with conditions that are fair and reasonable, easily understood and (when required) capable of enforcement.
- Prepare written reports and communications.
- Provide high quality and consistent advice to customers including local residents and professional developers and consultants.
- Instill public confidence in confidentiality, consistency, fairness and efficiency in the approvals process.
- Engage proactively with all stakeholders to continue and improve service delivery.
- Facilitate the delivery of services across the Unit by providing support to other staff members working in for example, strategy, building and property, environmental health, administration, planning scheme amendments, enforcement and heritage.
- Provide expert and professional advice to Council, other departments and the general public regarding town planning matters.
- Carry out other duties that are within the limits of the employee’s skill, ability, competence and training, and the requirements of the role as may be directed from time to time by more senior staff.