Category: Engineering Technical
Type: Full Time-Perm
Location: Jobs in Goulburn Valley
• Join the national estimating team – lead southern estimating function
• Diverse and innovative product range
• Secure and stable business with a strong national customer base
• Leader in growth market
• Enjoy the country life – lower cost of living, great for family, great community, relocation assistance available
About the Company?
This iconic Australian business has a strong national reputation and over 180 years of experience producing products & delivering urban infrastructure projects for the recreation, sporting, leisure and social infrastructure space.
About the Role?
Joining and working with the national production, procurement & estimating team and reporting to the commercial manager, your new role includes:
• Producing timely & accurate pricing & bills of quantity for all jobs allocated
• Preparing accurate & timely estimates
• Interpreting technical drawings and effective communication with design / drafting personnel
• Researching of materials, liaising with suppliers to negotiate the best terms and understanding and allocating accurate labour time
• Communicate with Project Consultants and the installation team as required in relation to quoting.
• Assisting with RFQ & tender responses from time to time
• Liaising and negotiating with suppliers.
• Filing of quote documents
• Margin analysis as required.
• Provide technical advice for incoming Customer enquiries as required.
What are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
• System administration experience – maintenance of standard BOQ’s and parts
• Estimating experience from building or manufacturing industries – min 3 years
• Proficiency in 1st Principles of estimating
• Ability to read technical/construction drawings
• Competent and confident user of estimating software.
• Sound computer skills – Microsoft Office
• Ability to manage workloads effectively and adhere to deadlines
• Confident, professional manner – self driven and enthusiastic
• Clear and concise communication skills - written and oral