• Assist to carry out programmed maintenance and improvement works in reserves, parks and other designated areas in a safe, efficient and effective manner and in accordance with good horticultural practice.
• To represent and promote Council’s image by providing effective and courteous information and service to internal and external customers.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Undertake horticultural duties, utilising plant, equipment and tools provided by Council
• Assist with the routine maintenance of assigned plant and equipment to ensure it is in good working order
• Report any mechanical faults of equipment, vehicles or equipment to the supervisor
• Work as part of a team
• Ensure all work is undertaken in a safe manner and in accordance with Council’s service standards• Use herbicides and pesticides in a safe and knowledgeable manner in accordance with Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) and manufacturers standards • Maintain accurate records as required