PRODUCTION LINE OPERATOR
A manufacturer located aproximately 30 minutes from Shepparton in Northern Vic requires a production line operator who will work across all shop floor sectors; warehouse, manufacturing and assembly, according to business requirements, whilst ensuring quality workmanship and good team collaboration skills remain high.
You will work an afternoon shift (from 2pm to 10pm with a 15% shift load on your hourly rate after 5pm. Overtime at overtime rates will also be available from time to time.
Warehouse duties will include:
- Regular cycle counting of inventory locations
- Ensure control over inventory accuracy, including maintain a secure perimeter gate into the warehouse
- Steel yard stock control and picking
- Wrapping/Packing of out bound goods
- Ensure good control of stock build items (Planning and completing)
- Control all consumable items within production
Assembly duties will include
- Assisting with the assembly of products as directed
- Assemble quality products in preparation for dispatch
- Coordinate product assembly and align with the Dispatch Manager to ensure delivery priorities are met
- Operate machinery, forklifts, overhead cranes and hand tools according to Industry good practice and safe working procedures
- Report concerns/issues directly to Team Leader – Afternoon Shift
- Assist in keeping work areas clean, tidy and safe at all times
Manufacturing duties will include:
- To understand the schedule for production.
- To follow correct quality procedures to ensure all tanks are moulded to engineering standards
- Coordinate product Sub assembly and fit in with the Production scheduler to ensure priorities are met for planned builds.
- Support the maintenance of the equipment by carrying out standard inspections.
- To operate machinery, forklifts, overhead cranes and hand tools according to Industry good practice and safe working procedures.
- Data input on computer for logging job progress.
- Reviewing jobs and collecting material for manufacture
- Report concerns/Issues directly to Team Leader
- Assist in keeping work areas clean, tidy and safe always
You will require the following:
- Experience in use of manufacturing machinery and their safety requirements is preferred
- Experience with general hand tools & basic manufacturing process
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Understanding of OH&S requirements
- Ability to work autonomously
Please Apply below and we will call you to discuss your application