CUSTOMER SERVICE SALES REPRESENTATIVE
The position is strongly oriented to sales and the promotion of our client’s complete range of services and products associated with the manufacturing and engineering industry
You will be responsible for the following
Undertake business development and sales activities, including
- Attracting new customers through frequent market research, personal visits if required, telephone contact, industry forums, advertising campaigns, and organising promotional material.
- Maintaining the current customer listing and quickly dealing with all customer enquiries and issues.
- Keep informed of industry developments
- Preparation and presentation of customer quotations, actively pursue conversion to order and record quotation strike rate.
- Maintain a strong technical understanding of the our products, services and of our plant operation to provide a high standard of support customers
- Liaise and deal with safety, quality and technical issues directly with customers and develop appropriate solutions for all parties.
- Ensure compliance with applicable legislation and company policy also understand Plant Records, including the Production and Quality
- At all times wear the appropriate safety equipment and apparatus, and undertake the necessary safety procedures and training as directed.
To be successful you will ideally have the following skills and experiences
- A metal trade background or business qualification is preferred but not essential.
- Experience with sales and customer contact is highly recommended as is experience with relevant computer systems.
- This role has a requirement for strong technical knowledge and appreciation of the metal fabrication and galvanizing industry covering products and the main elements of a project.
- The ability to quickly identify responsibilities and stakeholders in any situation.
- Good interpersonal skills – able to create excellent rapport with customers and develop long-term business relationships – committed to teamwork but able to take a strong leadership role.
- Ability to close a deal.
- Strong technical understanding of steel fabrication.
- Good time management skills, well organised and self-motivated.
- A creative, innovative, lateral thinker – a proactive, not reactive personality
- Possess a high level of professionalism in all dealings and display a commitment to customer service and quality systems