YOUTH EMPLOYMENT COACH
The Youth in Work Coach plays an essential role in the delivery of the company's innovative project supporting young people under the age of 25 years to help them gain and remain in work.
This role provides intensive coaching support, through the utilisation of specifically developed coaching tools, to young people who experience disadvantage and both non-vocational and vocational challenges to work success.
The Coach is key to the project’s success by readying and supporting young people to ‘stick to work’ and achieve strong, sustainable employment outcomes.
Qualifications and Experience
• A tertiary qualification in a discipline relevant to youth work or social services is highly desirable.
• Proven experience in effectively engaging and working with disadvantaged young people (15-25 years age range) in a coaching/development role to build personal action plans and self-efficacy.
• Experience building trusting relationships with young people and leading individuals towards identifying and achieving goals.
• Experience in successfully delivering both individual and targeted group programs for young people.
• Experience in effectively engaging and working collaboratively with external stakeholders, including employers to provide advice, coaching and support on the successful retention of young employees.
• Experience working in partnership with other support services to address young people’s barriers to obtaining and maintaining employment (e.g. mental health, housing, legal, substance use).
• Experience in delivering services in a contractual outcome-based team environment and working to key performance indicators.
Special Requirements / Conditions:
• To hold and maintain the applicable state clearance to work with children is an essential requirement for this role and continued employment with the company
• This position will operate as a primarily mobile role.
• Possession of a current valid Driver’s Licence and willingness to drive is essential.
• A vehicle allowance will be provided for use of own vehicle.
Where a motor vehicle allowance is paid for the use of the employee’s personal vehicle for work purposes, the employee’s vehicle used must have a safety rating of 4 or 5-star ANCAP or EURO-NCAP to be used for company business purposes.
• Occasional out of hours work and intrastate travel may be required.
Your details will be kept strictly confidential until you have been interviewed and shortlisted and have given permission to pass your details on to the employer.