HR GENERALIST / HEALTH & SAFETY CO-ORDINATOR
This vacancy is in the transport industry in the Goulburn Valley and the objective of the role is to provide generalist HR support to the company and to assist the business in minimising the risk of job related accidents and incidents and to be responsible for all OHS activities.
You will be responsible to ensure that procedures are in place to identify workplace health and safety hazards and environmental aspects, assess the risks and impacts of the hazards/aspects and select appropriate risk controls to prevent injury to employees, contractors and others and harm to the environment.
ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE ROLE:
• Implement risk assessments for all job tasks within the business
• Management of Workcover claims and injury management
• Manage the emergency evacuation process and implement emergency drills.
• Follow up with employees and supervisors regarding incidents and carry out follow up investigations
• Implement toolbox presentations site wide
• Carry out internal audits and compliance reviews
• Implement client COR questionnaires and risk profiles
• Manage & Monitor Workplace Inspections/Sanitisation regimes
• Manage HACCP processes in liaison with Warehouse Manager
• Manage all external audit requirements for the business
• Develop and enforce OHS policies and procedures
• Monitor compliance and identify safety issues
• Implement required employee training and inductions
• Implement and maintain OHS requirements in line with ISO45001
• Manage training requirements for company staff including on-line training internal and external training.
• Handle and resolve employee grievances in relation to health and safety
You will have the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, solve problems, manage and meet deadlines and maintain a high quality of work. You must possess good organisational skills and able to prioritise in a changing environment Specialist Skills & Knowledge You will possess sound computer skills and advanced skills in all MS Office applications. Our client seeks a person who has previous HR & OHS experience
It is preferred that you will have a post secondary qualification in a related field.
Please call Fox Personnel’s Shepparton office on 03 5831 6656 if you wish to discuss the role, or apply directly here.
Your details will be kept strictly confidential until you have been short-listed and agree to an interview with the employer.